Thursday, June 24, 2010

I went to one of the weirdest places...

I am going to go ahead and say that Greenfield Village near Detroit is one of the weirdest places I've ever been. Patrick and I stopped by on our way out of town... and... yeah.

It basically consists of a lot of historical buildings and houses that were purchased and transplanted from their original locations to a perfectly manicured town. There are cottages, plantations, factories, slave quarters, cabins, offices and more. It has everything Edison related, down to a boarding house he used for his workers (all of the lightbulbs in the place are old fashioned.) It had the Wright brothers' house and shop.

Do you see how creepy?

Anyways, they also had a printing shop, and we took a few pictures. (They're lucky that pictures are all I took... some of that equipment was yummy.)




The also has Noah Webster's house, and a bunch of old school texts. I love old books, the typography is so quirky.

Anyways, go if you ever get the chance, because it's actually kind of neat to see so many places all in one location.

Neat, and disturbing.


No comments:

Post a Comment