Sunday, March 15, 2009

I didn't forget St. Patrick's Day this year

Despite the massive amount of Irish in me and the fact I am married to a Patrick, St. Patrick's Day sneaks up on me almost every year.

The sneaking wouldn't be a problem if the pinching wasn't so severe.

To make things more complicated, my family is "orange" Irish, so we are required to add orange to the usual green. This would be easier if I did not hate the color, or owned anything in the spectrum between lemon yellow and brick red. Each year I scramble to find a suitable pinch-protection like: an orange sticky note stapled to my shirt, orange marker scribbled on pinch-prone areas of skin, and (when I am lucky) a piece of orange string tied around my wrist.

This year, however, I will be ready when I wake up, armored in one of the green and orange bracelets below. Patrick will have no such protections, as I am not above hiding a portion of his clothing.

After all, I have been doing finger exercises all year.

(for more information on Green Irish and Orange Irish, see this informative link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment